To My Friends

WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND?

When we are asked to name our best friend, for that particular instance no name comes; after a while various names come to our mind... most of us are not sure... a number of faces... names... moments, memories, experiences come to our mind when we think about it. A few of us have a real best friend and they can instantly spell the name out. But most of us don't have a name, though we have many friends... dear ones !

But, my question is "Do we really need a Best Friend?"

Now, let us question ourselves...
"who is my best friend?"
"why is he/she my best friend?"
"why do I need him/her as my best friend?"
"what difference he/she has made in my life?"
"how is he/she different from rest of my friends?"
"what can/can not I do without him/her?"
"which is more important a friend or a friendly relationship?"

I know our friendship is not at all rational. We do not bother about all these. We just love each other's company. We have seen the brightest and darkest days together, from love tips to beauty tips; we shared deepest secrets and dresses as well. Supported each other to impress our lover and during heartbreak too. We fought, laughed, enjoyed, studied and bunked classes. Those birth day parties, sleepless nights before exams and those "strategic gossips"; how can one ever forget those precious moments? Our friendship is the greatest treasure, we will ever have in our life.

What is our definition of friendship?... do we actually have any definition... damn... who cares?

We always plan for almost everything... career, girl friend, first date, marriage, life partner... bla bla bla.
No one has a planned friendship ! We never plan/dream about a friend... who will be my friend ? how he/she will be? Because, before we hardly realize anything, we have them with us. Just imagine the world without friends ! ! !

Now, I have a definition for my friendship.
"Friendship is that relation; where there is consideration and respect for each other."
When we are considerate for each other and respect our differences; we become friends.
When we do not respect our differences we create enemy.

Friendship is the only relation that can coexist among all other relationships. Let it be the relationship with our parents, seniors, juniors, life partner, coworker and rest all. Even when any relationship is punched with the flavor of friendship; the real taste of life improves substantially. We start loving life.
Believe me ! I had something else in my mind; when I started writing this post. But, I ended up writing this. I have to eventually change the title of the post. I am not sure whether I am writing sense or not. I do not know whether there is any cohesion or coherence between the paragraphs.

I may not call you often these days... I may not comment on your updates on social networking sites... may be we have became a bit formal and interactions are limited. But, I can not take you out of my mind, my dear friend. 


Cheers ! ! !

To our immortal friendship...

Comments

BISWARANJAN said…
Bhai u r going above Chetan Bhagat.....one day my friend AJ will rock the world its my believe.....god bless you dear....
Ansuman Jena said…
Dear Biswaranjan Ji,

It will be unfair for the person who has done so much toil to achieve the "Youth Icon" status... we must appreciate those. There is no competition / comparison between Chetan Ji and me. He is really a big shot and a big Brand; I am no one. And your comment that I am going above Chetan ji is a bit over emotional I would say... I am no where there at all.

But thanx a lot for your belief and blessings.
God Bless Us Everyone.
JeeT said…
"Friendship is the only relation that can coexist among all other relationships. Let it be the relationship with our parents, seniors, juniors, life partner, coworker and rest all. Even when any relationship is punched with the flavor of friendship; the real taste of life improves substantially. We start loving life."

The above lines are the best description about the amazing relationship i.e. "Friendship", which I always feel inside my heart.
Ansuman Jena said…
@ Jaga bhai: I know and appreciate. Thanx for ur comment.
Sunil Mishra said…
@Bunu Bhai... Completely agreeing with what you said, i think some other factors are also important. Friends are of two types - Situational, friends due to situations and sharing time and Trascending, those who cut across timelines. I think defining one "Best Friend" may be difficult. Rather we should look at how many Transcending friends we have and put them all in the "Best friend" category if we can. Whats your opinion?

Popular Posts