Movie Review - The Dirty Picture

"The Dirty Picture" is not that dirty actually (intent wise) but its really dirty (content wise). I felt the skin show is a little too much and a desperate attempt.

The first half of the movie is just superb and engaging. The music is really good; also the background score. The dialogues in the movie are really really good. There are 5 Crore 99 Lakh 3 Thousand 8 Hunderd 22 dialogues on which the entire audience will roar, whistle, cheer and clap; but most importantly they are absolutely touchy. The dialogue writer Rajat Arora (I googled) is going to bag many awards and appreciation; I am confident. The direction of Milan Luthria is also very impressive.

But the second part (after interval) is a bit sluggish at the beginning; it remind me the movie 'Fashion'. That particular part of the movie was really boring; thus fails to gel with the audience compared to the rest parts.

All the characters are presented nicely. The acting of all the characters was at par with their reputation and the audience's perception. Bidya Balan, Nasseruddhin Shah, Keeda Das (character name in the movie; the film producer), The reporter from Manorama (character in the movie) and most importantly Emraan Hashmi. I never liked Emran Hashmi and his acting. But I must say, he shines with all the other characters named above. Emraan's entry after the interval bring back life to the movie. Bidya and Nasseruddhin have really taken the characters to another level. I don't think any one else could have performed the way they have. You are going to remember these characters for a long time... very long time. Tusshar Kapoor disappoints. His look and performance sucks.

There are two scenes in the movie which alarmed my logical part (brain). Both were car scenes with Bidya and Tusshar. The first one, where Tusshar was driving and Bidya was on the rear seat. That particular scene was shot poorly and gives a dull feeling. The second, where Tusshar tries to teach Bidya driving; and Bidya drives very comfortably after few seconds. No one learns driving like this. I felt a bit superficial and illogical. But, never mind these days most of the movies are of this type. 

My Take:

As I moved out of the theater I was thinking what am I taking with me after watching this move. I got the answer with in seconds. The movie reminded me that every one of us has 5 basic parts; the stomach, body, brain, heart and the adult organ. Its all about our decision and choice; which one we want to highlight and use in our decision making. The movie also made me conscious about what I really want in life recognition, reputation, money, power, love or something else. I know what I want.

Its a complete paisa wasool movie. If you are planning to take your girl friend with you then don't. But if you are married then you must accompany your wife with you. The reason you can find only after a serious thought; I don't want to elaborate. The movie is really very bold both content and presentation wise. Very nice movie; after a long time. This movie is going to bag many awards; I am damn sure.
My verdict "Must Watch".

Comments

Popular Posts