God and I

What's your opinion about God ?
Omnipresent, Omnipotent, The Creator, The Lord or just Imagination, Superstition, Unfair, Does not exist ?
Any ways you can always share your opinions as comments.
Let me share my thoughts about God. I do not know what is God? Is it the creator?
(I used the term ‘it’ because I do not want to get in to the gender bias saga and I firmly believe God is above gender discrimination). One more thing ! I shall be often using terms like you, I, we; let me describe what I actually mean when I use these terms. When I say ‘you’ it essentially means ‘we’ and when I use the term ‘I’ it means ‘we all’ and when I say ‘we’… oh common you have learnt enough English to understand the meaning of ‘we’. Now let’s continue from where we have left.)
I do not know whether God has created the Universe, the World, Life, Us and everything else or simply outsourced them. (Outsourced !!! I must be kidding, using this term here) I do not know whether God has actually created everything or not but I believe it has certainly taken the decision for the creation. That’s why I believe “God is a great decision maker first, other than anything else” and this is how I describe God other than saying almighty, omnipresent, unfair etc.
Yes, God is a great decision maker. It has taken the decision for creation and decided upon the principles those govern and prevail all over. One may say, "oh common if God is a great decision maker then ‘what are we?’ 'why this misery / sufferings' some might say then 'why this kolaveri'?" The thing that distinguishes between GOOD and BAD or GOD and EVIL is the decision and action; sensible and wise. We are capable of decision making. We decide every second for the next second. One of my friends once said, "if this is true then Where lays the greatness of God?"
My dear, you are absolutely right when you say this. Actually this is my point. This decision making capability of human beings take them even closer to God. We are special. We are unique. We are different. That is the reason why we consider the human race to be the superior over others. It is the wise decision making capability of us that gives us the leverage. Can you count how many decisions you take in a minute even when you sleep tight? It is the decision making ability of us that shapes and crafts our fate. It is the amalgamation of all conscious, unconscious and sub-conscious decisions that brings us here… now… as you read this post.
We say it’s all predetermined. Everything has been finalized by God much before our birth and all. I agree but I interpret it a bit differently. If God had decided everything then why at all we have the power to think… to think sensible and decide wise? May be at the time of creation God was a bit amateur (doing some experiment) and tried to be innovative and creative in a way that resulted in The Creation. It tried with simple things and finally reached at us, the human. Meanwhile the number of creatures became the headache for God and it was fade up of taking decisions every now and then for everything. I believe this is the reason why the process of ‘the so called evolution’ took so long to reach us. Then it decided to retire and thus delegated “the power of decision making to us”. Now we decide, almost everything.
I know I sound absolutely hypothetical and obnoxious. But, this is what I have decided to be in this post and with you.
We are God by ourselves. All the religions say God resides within us. Have you ever imagined how exactly? In which form? And why at all it decided to be here in a really wired place like our body? Yet again I would like to repeat that boring phrase ‘God resides with in us through the power to take decisions; sensible and wise’.
Still, disagreeing ?!? Here we go. It’s not God who decided whether you fall for that girl or boy. It’s not God who decided whether you opt for engineering, medial, management or anything else. It’s not God who decided and choose to smoke and consume alcohol; which brand, when and how much. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that God decides our fate, our destiny and everything else. It’s so mean and pathetic. It is I, You and We, who have contributed some way or the other for all these. We have chosen, we have decided or we have allowed others to decide for us and that makes us responsible and accountable for all these.
I have been to the ladies hostel several times during my graduation at N. C. College. One thing is still prominent to me even after years. It’s a quote written on the wall where the watchman (gate keeper) used to seat and it reads “if anything happens here, I am responsible for it”. The watchman (we call him Bahadur) seats exactly under it as the intersection of the inside and the outside world for the boarders. I do not know who has written it but it certainly makes sense. Imagine this sentence written all over the world… everywhere, all the time. That would be really weird and messy. This is not what I meant. What I meant was if this commitment or sense of responsibleness stays with us all the time then we can actually make some decisions that could be good for all. That could certainly take most of us out of our selfish cocoons. I am saying most of us instead of all of us, as I believe still there are some selfless individuals we have in our life and I am the greatest selfish person I know. This is what I have learnt over the years from the Ladies Hostel.
We Play, Live and Be God throughout our life.
We decide and that decision of ours has some direct or indirect impact on others.
God is not unfair; it’s us.
let your decisions be your identity.
Share your views / thoughts / opinions / feedback. COMMENT.

Comments

Popular Posts